Important Information Regarding COVID-19
On March 16, 2020, the College of Dental Surgeons of BC advised that all general and specialist dental clinics cease elective and non-essential dental services, except for provision of urgent and emergent dental care. On May 19, 2020, clinics were allowed to expand services as part of a careful transition to provide care to patients. Our office has been providing oral surgery services since then while ensuring the highest standards of infection control for patients and staff:
- Personal protective gear for clinical staff, including the use of P100 respirators
- Disposable masks provided to all patients so they can wear while in the office
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of the clinic, with special attention to treatment rooms and high traffic locations
- Air filtration systems that use UV-C light to destroy any airborne viruses and bacteria
- Availability of hand sanitizer and hand washing stations for patients
- Temperature check of staff and patients upon entry into the clinic
- Extra time scheduled between patient appointments
- Patients and their escorts are screened for symptoms or high-risk history for Covid-19 prior to scheduling an appointment.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus or have returned to Canada from outside the country.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible.
For those patients who were in the middle of treatment or had their care postponed, we thank you for your patience. Please contact us to reschedule your appointment if you have not heard from us. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.