Dr. Richard Chau
Dr. Chau is a certified specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. He completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery and medical degree at the University of Nebraska Medical Center. Dr. Chau received extensive training in all areas of the specialty. He also completed a one-year general practice residency in dentistry at the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center after obtaining his dental degree from the University of British Columbia (UBC). Dr. Chau also held a dental and medical license in Nebraska prior to returning to BC.
Dr. Chau has an interest in education and teaching, and is currently a part-time Clinical Assistant Professor in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at the Faculty of Dentistry at UBC. He is also a specialist mentor in the Vancouver-based Comprehensive Prosthodontic and Surgical Implant (COMPROSI) Study Club, and lectures locally at various study clubs. His clinical interests include dental implant rehabilitation, which encompasses dental implant surgery and bone and soft tissue grafting.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – University of Nebraska, 2004-2009
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) – University of Nebraska, 2007
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency – Detroit Receiving Hospital, 2003-2004
- General Practice Residency (in dentistry) – University of Colorado, 2003
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) – University of British Columbia, 2002
- Fellow of the Royal College of Dentists of Canada (FRCD(C))
- B.C. Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Canadian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- College of Dental Surgeons of BC
- BC Dental Association
- Canadian Dental Association
- Richmond Hospital